Alternating Crochet Bag
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Grab two colors of yarn that you love and get to hooking the most versatile crochet bag out there with the Alternating Crochet Bag pattern. This free crochet bag pattern helps you create a large and sturdy purse pattern that is an all-occasion idea. Whether you need an everyday purse, a brand new beach bag, a market bag, or even a book bag, this pattern will do the trick. Crocheted from the bottom up, this crochet bag can be created with or without a zipper, depending on your preference.
In the Designer's Words: "With the lovely texture in this bag you'll be proud to use this bag for all your needs. And it's great with or without a zipper. However you will want to line it in order to make the most use of it. This bag is crocheted in one piece from the bottom up. You will need two colors, which are carried up when not in use."
Crochet HookH/8 or 5 mm hook
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Crochet Gauge2" over 7 sc sts.
Finished Size 11.75" wide by 12" high when laying flat. Bottom is 3.5" wide.
- Bernat Handicrafter Cotton (2 colors) I worked off of 2 14oz balls and still had lots left over.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
Our knitting group was asked to try to think of a creative green use for plastic grocery bags thus, 'Plarn was born. Plarn, plastic… Continue reading: "How to Make Plarn, Plastic Bag Yarn Knit Tote Patternvideocam"
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- The "any Size" Turban Hat
- Adjustable Crochet Bracelet
- Classic Vintage Bonnet
- Velvet Fur Hood
- Rose Bonnet
- Lavender Milk Bath
- Stuffed Mushrooms Earrings
- Rose Clay Melt And Pour Soap Recipe
- Floral Handbag
- How To Paint With Vinyl On Canvas
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home