Rainbow Hat for Baby
The only thing sweeter than a new baby is this adorable Rainbow Hat for Baby! Free crochet baby hat patterns like this are great for expecting moms or fun projects for those who have to wait in the waiting room!
- F Hook
- Baby Yarn
- Chain 3, form a ring.
- Row 1: ch 3 (counts as dc) , 11 dc in ring, slip stitch on top of ch 3
- Row 2: ch 3, dc in same stitch, *2 dc in next stitch* repeat around, slip stitch on top of ch 3
- Row 3: ch 3, 2 dc in next stitch, *dc in next stitch. 2 dc in next stitch* repeat around, slip stitch on top of ch 3
- Row 4: ch 3, dc in the next stitch, 2 dc in next stitch, *dc in the next two stitches, 2 dc in the next stitch* repeat around, slip stitch on top of ch 3
- Row 5: ch 1, sc in same stitch, ch 3, skip 2 stitches, *sc in next stitch, ch 3 skip 2 stitches,* repeat around, slip stitch with first sc.
- Row 6: slip stitch into ch 3 space, chain 3, 3 dc in same ch 3 space, ch 1, *4 dc in next ch 3 space, ch 1* repeat around, slip stitch with top of ch 3 - 16 dc groups
- Row 7: ch 4, sc in next ch 1 space, *ch 3, sc in next ch 1 space* repeat around, slip stitch with first chain of ch 4.
- Rows 8 - 13: repeat rows 6 and 7
- Row 14: ch 1, sc in the same stitch,*4 sc in ch 3 space, sc in sc* repeat around, slip stitch with first sc
- Row 15: ch 7, dc in 3rd chain of ch 7, dc in first stich, *skip next 2 stitches, in next stitch (dc, ch 3, dc in top of dc just made, dc in same stitch as first dc)* repeat around, slip stitch with 3rd chain of ch 7.
- Finish off. Weave in ends.
Read NextStretchy Kid's Hat
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
May 30, 2018
This beautiful hat is the perfect gift for any new mother. This pattern looks like it will work up quickly. I love the rainbow yarn used in this pattern, but the pattern itself looks like it would be more for a girl. I wonder if you make this in solid blue if it would look more like a boys hat.
Jan 12, 2017
This beautiful rainbow baby Hat can be made within a couple of hours. The pattern is very easy to read and is not difficult for beginners. It would look cute in any color. I would say this pattern is more for a girl than a boy because of how lacey it looks. It takes less than a skein of yarn and your probably could get two out of one skein.
Jan 08, 2012
perfect for charity work too
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Join our community of 5 million crafters!
- Get free craft projects, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use