Poseys in the Squares Baby Blanket
Need a great gift for your next baby shower? Why not make this beautiful Poseys in the Squares Baby Blanket from Red Heart Yarn. This crochet baby blanket is perfect for crocheters with a little experience.
Find this beautiful project and more in our collection of 41 Easy Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns.
Blanket measures 38” x 38”
- RED HEART® Baby Econo 6 oz (170 g), 460 yd (421 m) skeins: 4 skeins 1047 Candy Print
- Crochet hook: 5.5mm [US I-9]
- Yarn needle
GAUGE: Square = 5. CHECK YOUR GAUGE. Use any size hook to obtain the gauge.
Square (Make 49)
- Ch 3, slip st in first st to form a ring.
- Round 1: Ch 3 (counts as dc here and throughout), work 11 dc in ring, slip st in top of beginning ch – 12 sts.
- Round 2: Ch 3, [slip st in front loop of next dc, ch 3] around, slip st in back loop in top of beginning ch of Round 1 – 12 loops.
- Round 3: Ch 3, 2 dc in same space on Round 1, 3 dc in back loop of next dc on Round 1, ch 3, skip next st, *[3 dc in back loop of next dc] twice, ch 3, skip next st; repeat from * around, slip st in top of beginning ch – 4 ch-3 spaces.
- Round 4: Slip st in next dc, ch 3, dc in next 3 dc, skip next dc, (3 dc, ch 3, 3 dc) in ch-3 space, *skip next dc, dc in next 4 dc, skip next dc, (3 dc, ch 3, 3 dc) in ch-3 space; repeat from * around; slip st in back loop of beginning ch.
- Round 5: Ch 3, *dc in back loop of each dc to ch-3 space, dc in back loop of next ch, (dc, ch 1, dc) in back loop of next ch, dc in back loop of next ch; repeat from * to last ch-3 space, dc in back loop of next 3 dc, slip st in top of beginning ch.
- Round 6: Slip st in front loop of next st on Round 4, ch 1, [slip st in next front loop, ch 1] around, slip st in first slip st.
- Fasten off.
- Arrange Squares into 7 rows of 7 Squares each.
- Sew Squares together.
- Round 1: With right side facing, join yarn in any st, ch 1, sc in each st around, working 3 sc in each Blanket corner ch-1 space, slip st in first sc.
- Round 2: [Ch 2, slip st in next sc] around.
- Fasten off.
- Weave in ends.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
May 29, 2018
This is such a cute baby blanket pattern! I love how simple it looks to make the squares. If you are feeling especially creative, you could use a variety of yarn colors instead of just one. I think that would be really neat! There are nearly endless possibilities of how to make this beautiful blanket!
Jan 13, 2017
This Posey in the Square baby blanket is so cute. I probably is for a intermediate crochet person. The squares work up quite fast. The most time is sewing them all together. I usually crochet squares together and this seems to make a cleaner seam. You can do this blanket in all one color too that can be used by anybody. Fun project..
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Join our community of 5 million crafters!
- Get free craft projects, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use