Striped Halloween Crochet Afghan Pattern
Curl up in this Striped Halloween Afghan and get ready for your Halloween monster marathon! Great for scary movie lovers, this crocheted afghan pattern is a cozy and festive way to get your home ready for Halloween! Drape it over your couch or bed for a fun Halloween home accent. This crocheted afghan works up quickly and can easily be adapted if you want to change the yarn colors. So pop in "Young Frankenstein" or "Dracula" and curl up with this festive fall afghan!
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Crochet HookH/8 or 5 mm hook
- 2 skeins Red Heart Super Saver yarn in Black
- 2 skeins Red Heart Super Saver yarn in Pumpkin
- 2 skeins Red Heart Super Saver yarn in White
- 1 skein Red Heart Super Saver yarn in Honeydew
- 1 skein Red Heart Classic yarn in Maize
- 1 skein Red Heart Classic yarn in Lavender
- 5.0 mm (US H-8) crochet hook, or size needed to obtain gauge
- 4 rows - 3”
- 6 dcs, ch 2, 6 dcs (ripple) – 4”
Throw Measures: 47” x 58”
- Row 1 (RS): With black ch 157, dc in 4th ch from hook, 1 dc in each of next 5 chs, *skip 2 chs, 1 dc in each of next 6 chs, ch 2, 1 dc in each of next 6 chs, repeat from * across to last 8 chs, skip 2 chs, 1 dc in each of next 5 chs, 2 dcs in last ch, turn.
- Row 2: Ch 3, dc in same stitch, 1 dc in each of next 5 dcs, *skip 2 dcs, 1 dc in each of next 5 dcs, (1 dc, ch 2, 1 dc) in ch 2 space, 1 dc in each of next 5 dcs, repeat from * across to last 8 stitches, skip 2 dcs, 1 dc in each of next 5 dcs, 2 dcs in 3rd ch of turning ch, turn.
- Row 3: Repeat Row 2, turn and fasten off.
- Row 4: Join pumpkin in first stitch and continue with Row 2.
Continue repeating Row 2 for a total of 69 rows as follows
- (3 rows pumpkin, 1 row maize, 3 rows white, 1 row honeydew, 3 rows black, 3 rows pumpkin, 1 row maize, 3 rows white, 1 row lavender, 3 rows black) 3 times
- With black work long left side edge sc in first top side dc, [ch 3, sc in next dc] across, sc in last dc and fasten off.
- Repeat along opposite side edge starting at bottom side dc.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
More from "Baby Blankets"
Whether you want to make a quick and easy crochet baby blanket or a more intricate afghan, these crochet baby blanket patterns are sure to make a huge impression.
Sign Up for Free Patterns
There are no records