We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Creative and colorful crochet afghan patterns make lovely additions to any home. Made using a simple method, this Arrow Stitch Crochet Afghan Pattern works up quickly and easily, and is a great project for a beginner crocheter. If you like free crochet patterns with style, this is the perfect project for you. Follow along with the pattern and see how easy it is to create a cool and unexpected afghan. The rose and off-white colors make this afghan pleasing to the eye and so comforting after a long, cold day.
This afghan pattern shows you how to utilize the arrow stitch in order to make an unexpected and interesting texture for your afghan. Using the crochet arrow stitch creates a repeated v pattern that can add some serious movement to just about any work up. If you want to make something truly interesting, you could easily use a combination of colors to add to the design element of the repeated arrow stitch pattern.
This project is reader-tested! Look out below to see how this arrow stitch afghan pattern turned out for one of our readers.
Crochet HookH/8 or 5 mm hook
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Crochet Gauge13 sts and 10 rows = 4 ins 10 cm in pat.
Finished SizeFinished Size Approx 51 x 62 ins 129.5 x 157.5 cm
- 10 balls Bernat Berella yarn in Rose (MC)
- 5 balls Bernat Berella yarn in Natural (A)
- Size 5 mm (U.S. H or 8) crochet hook, or size needed to obtain gauge
Love free crochet afghan patterns like this one? Then grab your free copy of Wrap Up with 25 Afghan Patterns from Red Heart. The crochet afghan patterns and knitting patterns will spark your creativity and leave you wanting more. Luckily, there are so many projects to keep you busy, so you'll never run out of ideas. Get your free copy today: "Wrap up With 25 Afghan Patterns from Red Heart Yarn" eBook
How to Crochet the Arrow Stitch Crochet Afghan
With A ch 201.
1st row: (RS). 1 sc in 2nd ch from hook. 1 sc in each ch to end of ch. Ch 1. Turn. 200 sts.
2nd row: 1 sc in first sc and each sc to end of row. Join MC. Ch 3. Turn.
3rd row: Miss first st. 1 dc in next st. Miss next 3 sts. 1 tr in next st. Working behind tr just made, 1 dc in first missed st. 1 dc in each of next 2 missed sts. Miss next 3 sts after tr. 1 tr in next st. Working behind tr just made, 1 dc in first missed st. 1 dc in each of next 2 missed sts. Rep from to last 2 sts. 1 dc in each of last 2 sts. Ch 3. Turn.
4th row: Miss first st. 1 dc in next dc. Miss next 3 dc. 1 tr in next tr. Working in front of tr just made, 1 dc in first missed dc. 1 dc in each of next 2 missed dc. Miss next 3 dc after tr. 1 tr in next tr. Working in front of tr just made, 1 dc in first missed dc. 1 dc in each of next 2 missed dc. Rep from to last 2 sts. 1 dc in each of last 2 sts. Join A. Ch 1. Turn.
5th row: 1 sc in first st and each st to end of row. Ch 1. Turn.
Rows 2 to 5 inclusive form pat.
Cont in pat until work from beg measures approx 50 ins 127 cm ending on a 2nd row of pat and omitting turning ch at end of last row. Fasten off.
Edging: Join MC to any corner of afghan and work 1 row sc evenly around outer edge, working 3 sc in corners. Join with ss to first sc.
Next rnd: Working reverse sc from left to right instead of from right to left as usual, work 1 sc in each sc around outer edge of Afghan. Ss to first sc. Fasten off.
Reader-Tested Crochet Pattern: The Arrow Stitch Crochet Afghan
The FaveCrafts editors love this project and so do our readers. Check out this photo of the completed project from FaveCrafts reader, slowrollersride 5841767.
We love seeing your photos and reading your comments. Always be sure to share a photo with us when you finish a FaveCrafts project. You just might be featured like this one. Look below for full instructions.
More Crochet Afghan Patterns
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Images from other crafters
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Arrow Stitch Crochet Afghan
- Under 6 Hours Crochet Throw Pattern
- Warm Stripes Afghan
- 19 Bulky Yarn Crochet Blanket Patterns
- Bavarian Rainbow Afghan
- Fidget/Sensory Blanket for Alzheimer's
- Weekend-Wonder Giant Granny Square Throw
- Ripple Afghan Crochet Pattern
- Crochet Ripple Afghan Pattern
- Pastel Single Shell Ripple Afghan
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Crochet Frog Applique
- Bug Bite Relief Stick
- Field Of Flowers Crochet Stitch
- Crochet Scrubbie
- Easy Punch Needle (and More!) With The Cricut Maker
- Golden Maple Fall Scarf
- Peppermint Pedicure Bath Bomb Recipe
- Large Paper Mache Vintage Decoupage Bowl
- Coffee Topiary
- Granny Square Blanket Cardigan
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home