All a Flutter Afghan
Get your home ready for spring with this All a Flutter Afghan. With a fun stitch that looks similar to butterfly wings, this lovely crocheted afghan pattern makes a wonderful addition to a baby's room or nursery. Mix and match colors to best suit your decor, or use the color options provided to create an afghan just like this one! Easy enough for crochet fans with a basic knowledge of common stitches, this All a Flutter Afghan is a great project for a slow weekend.
- 2 skeins Red Heart Super Saver Yarn in White
- 2 skeins Red Heart Super Saver Yarn in Petal Pink
- 1 skein Red Heart Super Saver Yarn in Bright Yellow
- 5.0 mm (US H-8) crochet hook or size needed for gauge
Gauge: 14 row pattern – 10”; Shell, sc – 2”
- Shell – (2 dcs, ch 1, dc, ch 1, 2 dcs) as indicated in instructions.
Afghan is crocheted in multiples of 8 plus 2.
Afghan Measures: 41” x 46”
Row 1: With white ch 146, sc in 2nd ch from hook, [skip 3 chs, Shell in next ch, skip 3 chs, sc in next ch] across, turn.
Row 2: Ch 3, [2 dcs in next ch 1 space, ch 1, bpdc around post of next dc, ch 1, 2 dcs in next ch 1 space, dc in next sc] across, fasten off and turn.
Row 3: Join yellow in first stitch, ch 3, [2 dcs in next ch 1 space, ch 1, fbdc around next bpdc, ch 1, 2 dcs in next ch 1 space, dc in next dc] across, turn.
Row 4: Repeat Row 2.
Row 5: Repeat Row 3.
- Row 6: Repeat Row 2, fasten off and turn.
- Repeat Rows 2 and 3 for a total of 58 rows as follows: (2 rows white, 4 rows yellow, 4 rows white, 4 rows pink) 4 times, 2 rows white
- Round 1 (RS): With pink work along top edge (2 dcs, ch 1, 2 dcs, ch 1, 2 dcs) in right corner dc, [dc in fpdc, Shell in dc between Shells] across, (2 dcs, ch 1, 2 dcs, ch 1, 2 dcs) in last dc.
- Work along side edge [skip l dc, dc between rows, skip 1 dc, Shell in next dc] across, (2 dcs, ch 1, 2 dcs, ch 1, 2 dcs) in first stitch of bottom edge.
- Work along bottom edge dc in ch below Shell, Shell in ch below sc] across, (2 dcs, ch 1, 2 dcs, ch 1, 2 dcs) in last stitch.
- Work along side edge as for opposite edge, join to beginning dc and fasten off.
- Round 2: With yellow work along top edge start at upper right corner sc in first ch 1 space, ch 2, sc in next ch 1 space, ch 2, [(sc, ch 2, sc) in dc between Shells, (ch 2, sc in next ch 1 space) twice, ch 2] across, ch 2, sc in ch 1 space of corner Shell, ch 2, sc in next ch 1 space, ch 2, continue pattern around entire afghan ending ch 2, join to beginning sc and fasten off.