Kid's Yarn Octopus
In need of kid's craft ideas? This yarn octopus is a great way to get the entire family involved in crafting. Make a cute octopus out of yarn and ribbons with this fun and easy project.
- 1 5oz skein of bulky yarn (the bulkier the better)
- 1 3" styrofoam ball
- face pieces
- 2-3 yards of ribbon
- Completely unwind the yarn into a 2-3 ft loop - I used a back of a chair.
- Cinch off one end of the loop.
- Cut the other end where the loops are - try to cut them as even as possible.
- Place the ball under the cinched end and spread the yarn ove the ball as evenly as you can.
- Cinch under the ball to make the neck - by now you should have a bunch of single strands of yarn hanging from the neck.
- Divide the strands into 8 sections for the legs.
- Braid each section and cinch the ends with ribbon.
- You should have 8 braids hanging from the neck.
- Now you can put on the face pieces.
- Enjoy the fruits of your fun labor.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
More from "Crafting with Kids"
Crafting with Kids
Hundreds of free craft projects for kids to do and great craft projects for gifts for kids. Free craft projects that kids will love. Craft activities to keep kids busy. Fun crafts for kids to do. How to recycle items for kids crafts.