This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
How to Make a Stained Glass Tissue Paper Cross
From the designer: "I've always loved walking into traditional churches and cathedrals to look at their stained glass windows. The older the church/cathedral, the more intricate the stained glass art is. I wanted to help the kids make a craft that not only celebrated Christ but also would serve as a symbolic reminder that God can bring beauty from ashes. As we look at this beautiful craft may it stir within us the revelation who God is. And may that hope carry you through these unprecedented times."
Estimated CostUnder $10
Time to CompleteUnder an hour
- Colorful tissue paper squares (or get different colored tissue paper sheets and have your child rip small pieces off each)
- Clear transfer tape (sheet/roll)
- Cross stencil (or you can draw one, free-hand, or create one by outlining a Cross from one you may have hanging in your home. I just used a Cross sticky board)
- Pair of scissors or a knife cutter.
Looking for more simple tutorials? Get free crafts sent directly to your inbox!
Subscribe to FaveCrafts Quick and Crafty
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Join our community of 5 million crafters!
- Get free craft projects, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use