Butterfly Suncatcher Craft
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
From the blogger: "I love how this cheerful butterfly suncatcher craft brightens up my home’s windows. It’s fun and easy for kids of any age to make at home, school, or camp. Aren’t they lovely? The black painted craft stick contrasts perfectly with the vibrant rainbow colored tissue paper. Make several of these butterflies and cluster them together. They will bring a smile to your face!"
Primary TechniqueGeneral Crafts
- Black twine
- Black paint
- Bubble wrap
- Wide craft sticks
- Tissue paper, cut into 1 inch squares
- Mod Podge
- Paint Brush
- Hot Glue and hot glue gun
After gathering supplies, instruct kids to decoupage the tissue paper onto the bubble wrap with Mod Podge and a brush.
While the bubble wrap is drying, invite your child to paint their craft sticks black.
When the bubble wrap is dry, cut it into the shape of a butterfly’s wings, then put a small fold in it and secure with hot glue. Glue the colorful bubble wrap wings to the back of the craft stick.
Last, hot glue a pair of black twine antennae to the back of the craft stick. Hang and enjoy!
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Everyday Tapered Beanie
- How To Sew A Cloak With Hood
- Harvest Pocket Shawl
- Koko Cocoon Cardigan
- Patchwork Sampler Bag
- Fall Inspired Chunky Blanket
- Crochet Candy Corn Amigurumi
- Polar Bear Sweater
- Fall Tissue Paper Suncatchers Craft
- Easy Coffee Filter Turkeys Thanksgiving Craft
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home