Heartfelt Collection: Handmade Wedding Invitation
Create these handmade invitations from recycled paper and get the wedding invitations you always dreamed of and go green at the same time, from Arnold Grummer's Paper Making Kits and Supplies!
- Arnold Grummer's Paper Additive
- Arnold Grummer's Large Dip Handmold
- Arnold Grummer's Iridescent Flakes
- Arnold Grummer's Papermill PRO Envelope & Stationery Kit
- White photocopy paper, plain or printed (to recycle for paper making)
- Vellum (plain)
- Optional: Snippets of light green metallic floss or thread to add to pulp
- Optional: Dried Plumosa Fern (available in the floral department) to add to pulp
- Pink cardstock: 2 7/8" x 3 1/4"
- Pink ribbon, 1/4" wide
- Hole punch
- Scissors or 12" personal trimmer
- Optional: Decorative edge scissors
- Computer with printer
- Envelopes 6 1/4" x 8 1/4"
1. Use Arnold Grummer's Large Dip Handmold or Arnold Grummer's Papermill PRO kit to make one sheet of paper per guest. The Invitation, RSVP Card, and Thank You Note can all be made from one sheet of handmade paper. You'll need to make two sheets of handmade paper per guest if you use Arnold Grummer's Papermill Kit.
2. To make pulp, recycle plain or printed white photocopy paper. Use 1 1/2 sheets of photocopy paper for every handmade sheet you plan to make. (Use 3/4 of a sheet if you use the Papermill Kit.)
3. Add pink petals, iridescent flakes, fern (optional), snippets of thread (optional), and 1/8 tsp. of paper additive to pulp before forming sheets.
4. Form, press and dry sheets following kit or handmold directions.
5. Trim (or tear) handmade paper to 5 1/2" x 7 1/2". Save leftovers for the folk heart (step 7), and to decorate favors for the reception.
6. Print Invitation, RSVP and Thank You card text on vellum using your home computer or take to a copy center. Trim to 5" x 7".
7. Tear a long, folk-shaped heart from leftover 2 1/2" x 3" piece of handmade paper. Mount on pink cardstock. Center and glue matted heart on the 5 1/2" x 7 1/2" piece of handmade paper.
8. Center vellum with printed invitation over handmade paper and punch two holes at top. Thread ribbon and trim ends.
Read Next20 Best Crafts for Seniors