Easy Pillow Case Dress
This easy sewing pattern will make you want to frolic around all summer. Jennifer Neill brings you this easy-to-follow dress pattern that you can complete in under an hour. This dress is so cute, you'll want to pair it with tights and a shrug and wear it during the colder months, too.
- Cord or ribbon for straps
- Sewing machine
- Old skirt
- Fabric of choice
- Inspired by pillowcase dresses for little girls, I set out to make a fun adult version. I started with a paper pattern I used to cut out the fabric shaped like this:
- Using a skirt as a measurement guide for the hips and the length was 30 inches from top to bottom. I cut a rectangle and simply cut the corners out to create the arm holes. I ironed a 1/4 inch fold in the slanted area and sewed so the arm holes would not fray then sewed a hem.
- Next, I folded the top of both pieces down 1 inch and sewed a channel for the ribbon. Now, just pin right sides together and sew from the hem to the bottom of the slanted armholes (between the arrows in the picture) . Last, sew a hem at the bottom.
- Turn right side out and thread cord or ribbon through the channel and tie over your shoulders. You can always layer this over a tank top for a more modest look.
Read NextEasy Breezy Skirt