Loopy Jute Twine DIY Christmas Garland
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
"Finger crocheting or knitting are very popular right now! I do neither. While looking at a how-to video explaining finger crocheting, a light bulb went on about making a garland out of twine using a slipknot. I know, imagine a simple slipknot! So I pulled out my very large roll of jute twine and started making slipknots. I first tied a knot on one end and then basically tied another knot to form a loop and continued tying knots with loops. A cute little pattern of loops were forming and I liked how it was looking."
Estimated CostUnder $10
Time to CompleteUnder an hour
- Jute Twine
Jute twine is the main material used, but this can also be done using thick yarn.
First, make a loop with the twine.
With your right fingers, push the twine through the loop and out creating a knot with a loop and tighten. This is call a slipknot.
Once you've made the first slipknot (with loop) continue making another slipknot with a loop using your fingers.
Keep tying knots and forming loops and you'll soon see a resulting cute pattern of loops!
The spacing between the loops can be tighten by adjusting the loop.
Slipknots can easily be pulled out so once you're satisfied with the look of the garland loops, add a drop of baric glue to the knots and let dry.
Tie on red bells to the garland for a festive look!
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
Crochet a mesh dishcloth out of a produce bag! You don't need to throw away the bag your oranges came in, and you don't need to go out… Continue reading: "Mesh Dishcloth Crochet Pattern"
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Spring Cheer Scarf
- On-the-go Case
- Messy Bun Bunny Applique Crochet Ribbed Hat
- How To Make A Burp Cloth With Baby's Name On It
- How To Make A Burp Cloth From A Diaper
- Crazy About Container Gardening
- Create Your Own Mosaic Garden Stone
- Miniature Farm Window Box Planter
- Pig Bitty Bumble
- Rustic Farmhouse Welcome Wreath For Spring
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home