Vintage Christmas Mini Trees
Add a touch of classic holiday decor to your home with these Vintage Christmas Mini Trees. Christmas decorations like these are great for those who love to decorate all season long, as these trees could easily remain on display throughout the winter months. Using gold fringe and fabric, these mini Christmas trees give your holiday decor texture and color...and you could even use them for New Year's decor, too! Great for beginners, these decorative fringe trees work up quickly and would look adorable in groups of 5 or 7. Add a modern touch to your mantel with these vintage decorations.
Time to CompleteIn an evening
Primary TechniqueFabric Crafts
- FloraCraft® Make it: Fun® Foam
- Cones: (4) 9” and (4) 6”
- Balls: (5) 1”
- 4” Fringe: (5 Yards) Gold, (4 Yards) White
- (1/4 Yard) Gold Lamé Fabric
- Acrylic Paint: Gold
- Sequin Pins
- Fine Gold Glitter
- Jumbo Gold Glitter
- Low-Temp Glue Gun
- Paint Brush
Check out this project and other great DIY Christmas crafts in our free eBook 20 Easy DIY Holiday Projects!
- To create the tallest gold tree, cut 3” off the top of a 9” cone using the serrated knife. Cut 3” off the bottom of a second 9” cone. Glue the 6” bottom section of one cone onto the top of the 3” bottom section of the other cone. Glue the 6” top section onto the top of the stacked bottom sections. Glue the 3” top to the top of the tree. (Stack order: 3” bottom, 6” bottom, 6” top, 3” top) Insert a toothpick between the pieces before gluing for a more secure hold. The middle sized gold tree is a 9” cone and the smallest gold tree is a 6” cone.
- Paint the cones gold and while it is still wet, sprinkle with fine gold glitter. The paint will hold the glitter in place as it dries. Paint three 1” balls gold and sprinkle with jumbo glitter. Set parts aside to dry.
- Starting at the bottom, leaving 3 inches showing, and working to the top of the cones, pin rows of gold fringe trim around the cones evenly spaced. Wrap each row of fringe around the cone three times to cover completely. Glue the gold glittered balls to the top of the three gold trees.
- To create the tallest white tree, glue a 9” cone on top of a 6” cone. To create the small white tree, cut 1” off the top of a 6” cone for the base and glue a 6” cone on top.
- Wrap the bottom of the trees with the gold lamé fabric. Trim to fit with scissors and glue in place. Wrap two 1” balls with the lamé fabric and glue to secure in place.
- Pin rows of white trim to the trees the same way you did the gold trees, leaving the gold bases visible. Glue the 1”, lame-covered balls to the tops of the white trees.