Refreshing Wrapped Peace Letters
Learn how to make decorative letters that express the spirit of peace on earth this holiday season. These Refreshing Wrapped Peace Letters are a simple decorative craft that will fill your home with cheer and goodwill. This is a wonderful technique to learn if you want to add a bit of decor that will transform your home with elegance. No matter what time of season, this craft with letters is the perfect addition to a small table or mantel. Enjoy the holidays and remember the peace that Christmas can bring.
Primary TechniqueGeneral Crafts
- RED HEART® Holiday®: 1 ball 1360 Aran/gold or desired color.
- 8” (20 cm) tall paper-mache letters
- White craft glue
- Sharp scissors
- Push pins
- Yarn needle
Surfaces that cannot be reached with wrapping will be covered with lengths of yarn first.
- Cut lengths to cover the outer edges of the letters. It is usually not necessary to cover the entire perimeter, since the wrapping will also cover parts of the perimeter.
- Beginning at any point along the area to be covered, apply an even layer of glue approximately 3” long, and extending to the outside edges. Adjust the lengths so they lie smoothly and give adequate coverage. Continue around all edges.
- Use push pins to hold the outside strands snuggly against corners; let dry.
- Cut lengths of yarn to cover the front and back of the letters where they will not be covered when wrapping the letters. Note that the yarns will overlap on some letters, like the top of the A.
- Glue in place.
- If letter has a hole, such as the P or A, wind a small yarn ball (since whole ball of yarn will not fit through hole). Apply a layer of glue on the back of the letter in area to be wrapped.
- Leaving 2”- 3” tails, evenly wrap the yarn around the letter.
- Use yarn needle to pull the tails under the wrapped area. Let dry.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
More from "Christmas Decorations"
Christmas Decorations for your Home are a big part of decorating for the holidays. Make your own Christmas decorations for a festive season.