Victorian Inspired Christmas Card
As Tiny Tim says, "Merry Christmas, Everyone!" Wish your loved ones a season filled with classic holiday cheer with this Victorian Inspired Christmas Card. Guaranteed to bring a smile to anyone's face, this handmade card looks professionally done and is sure to help fill your home with the Christmas spirit. Handmade Christmas cards like this one are a great way to show people how much you care...and your loved ones are sure to appreciate you going the extra mile to create a lovely Christmas greeting by hand.
Primary TechniquePaper Crafts
- Sizzix Bigz Die – Festive Gent - #660034
- Sizzix Thinlits Die Set 17PK – Holiday Words: Block - #660057
- Patterned Paper
- Adhesive Foam
- Sanding Block
- Small Ornaments
- Velvet Leaves
- Cut a piece of cardstock to size and fold in half to form a card base.
- Distress the card front with ink and splattered paint.
- Cut a band of patterned paper to fit across the card front; do not adhere to the card front yet.
- Attach a piece of paper with cream patterned paper to the card front. If desired, distress with ink.
- Wrap twine around the patterned paper twice and tie into a knot. Attach the patterned paper to the card front.
- Die-cut the phrase "Season's Greetings" out of cardstock, adhere to a piece of craft cardstock, trim to size and distress with a sanding block and ink. Embellish with rivets and attach to the card front.
- Die-cut a Festive Gent out of cardstock and distress with paint, let dry and attach to the card front using adhesive foam to give dimension.
- Embellish with small ornaments, velvet leaves and twine bows.
You can find this project-and many more-in our new free eBook, 11 DIY Christmas Decorations and Ideas.
Read NextChristmas Door DIY Greeting Card
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Join our community of 5 million crafters!
- Get free craft projects, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use