Let it Snow Card
Enjoy the beauty of winter with this Let it Snow Card. Colored with amazing Chameleon Pens, this card comes to life on the paper and makes for a wonderful winter wish to all your family and friends. You can embellish this card with a message or just leave it as is for a sweet holiday greeting. You can also use this tutorial to make a tag or embellish a scrapbook page. With added instructions on how to color with Chameleon Pens, this tutorial is easy enough for those who are brand new to marker coloring.
Primary TechniqueGeneral Crafts
- Chameleon Art Pens in the following colors: Crimson Red, Fawn, Grass Green and Warm Sunset, Bark
- Penny Black In The Snow and Cupcake stamps
- Memento Tuxedo Black and Peanut Brittle inks
- Bee Paper
- Little B Stars die
- Woodware and OLBA leaf punches
- Pin Flair Glue and Foam Pads
- Co-Ordinations Elements Cardstock
- Centura Pearl White card blank
- Stamp image onto Bee paper using Memento Tuxedo Black ink.
- Place the mixing chamber on the brush nib of the Fawn pen for about 4 seconds and then colour the Baby’s face working from the centre towards the edges. You want the area under the hat to be darker as this would in shadow.
- Colour the Hat, Scarf and Mitts using Crimson Red, Place the mixing chamber on the brush nib for about 4 seconds and then use the hint of colour to create highlights where the light would hit the clothing.
- Colour the playsuit with Grass Green, leave the mixing chamber on the brush nib for around 10 seconds and then colour from the centre towards the edge of the clothes. This will give the baby a rounded appearance. (goes with step 4 part 2 photo) Colour the Pom Poms and stars with Warm Sunset, by making one side of the pom pom lighter than the other you give the impression of shape and depth.
- Using Bark colour the boots, as the sole of the boot is visible make these lighter than the edges. Then Fussy Cut around the baby.
- Ink edges of fawn card with Peanut Brittle and then mount onto green card and then card base. Die cut stars and stamp sentiment from Cupcake stamp set onto one of the smaller star. Punch leaves and then adhere all elements to card using foam pads and Pin Flair glue.
Read NextChristmas Door DIY Greeting Card
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Join our community of 5 million crafters!
- Get free craft projects, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use