Deck the Tree Christmas Card
Decorate a plain purchased Christmas card with iron-on thread as a quick and easy way to make it jump off the page. A Christmas tree is the perfect subject.
- Store-bought card
- Mrs. K’s Iron-On Medium #16 Braid: 6010, 6450
- Clover Mini Iron or your household iron
- Kreinik Teflon press cloth (keeps the adhesive in the thread from sticking to your iron)
- Turn your iron on to the highest heat setting and allow it to heat thoroughly.
- Create “garland” by ironing the silver thread in loops on the tree—lay the thread on your card, then cover with the Teflon press cloth and press for 3 seconds or so, until the thread adheres.
- Using the blue iron-on thread, make ornaments on the tree by coiling the thread in a circle until you have a solid ball shape.
Kreinik threads available through needlework stores or www.kreinik.com.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
More from "Cards"
Give the best Handmade Christmas card this holiday season by finding your favorite one right here. Christmas crafts are so much more meaningful when you make them yourself, so craft a spirited handmade Christmas card today.
There are no records