Fuse Creativity System Project Guide: Fun Party Themes, Idea for Handmade Cards, And More Paper Crafts from Fiskars
Christmas Present Gold Foil Card
Foil holiday cards like this one have that touch of extra radiance.
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Discover your new favorite gold foil Christmas card. Make a beautiful greeting card for anyone this holiday! This DIY card is so easy and beautiful. Metallics are perfect for the holidays, and you can add that extra shine to your card with the help of the right adhesives and foil! Applying foil to your homemade cards is so easy to do, and it really takes your project to the next level. If you're looking for the perfect card to make for loved ones this Christmas, make this beautiful card. The plaid background and shadow effect of the present are wonderful touches!
Time to CompleteUnder an hour
Primary TechniquePaper Crafts
Project TypeMake a Project
- Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L®: E-Z Runner®
- Grand Refillable Dispenser, E-Z Runner® Grand
- Ultra Strong Refill
- 3D Foam Holiday Embellishment Kit
- 3D Foam Creative Sheets
- Patterned Papers: Carta Bella Paper Hello Fall Collection
- Ribbon: May Arts Ribbon ½-inch solid wrinkled red ribbon
- Cardstock: Lawn Fawn Black Licorice
- Stickers: Tim Holtz/Idea-ology Christmas Stickers Chitchat Word Seasonal
- Tools: Fiskars® Portable Paper Trimmer 12”; Westcott 6” Titanium Bonded Precision Scissors
From Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L: "Bring Christmas cheer with this cozy holiday card by Terri Burson! She creates a shiny custom embellishment with craft foil from our 3D Foam Holiday Embellishment Kit and dimension from 3D Foam Creative Sheets."
With a strip of 11 x 4 ¼-inch black cardstock, score in half to a 4 ¼ x 5 ½-inch side-fold card base.
Cut a 4 x 5 ¼-inch card panel with patterned paper. Center and adhere card panel to front of black card base with E-Z Runner® Grand Refillable Dispenser and E-Z Runner® Grand Ultra Strong Refill.
Designer’s Tip: To switch refills in the E-Z Runner® Grand Refillable Dispenser, press your thumb on the ridges at the bottom of the case. Open the clear lid, lift up the refill. Add the desired adhesive refill by aligning it with the prongs in the case and closing the lid.
Trim a 2 ½ x 2 ½-inch piece of white 3D Foam Creative Sheet. Remove the bottom liner and adhere to center of card panel. Remove the top liner.
Apply a sheet of Gold Foil from the 3D Foam Holiday Embellishment Kit, over the exposed adhesive with the gold side facing up. Gently rub to transfer the foil and then peel away the foil sheet.
Cut two 2 ½-inch red ribbon and two ⅛ x 2 ½-inch strips of black cardstock. Cut a slight angle on one strip as pictured; this strip will be placed to the left of the Christmas Box. Both strips will be used as a shadow effect along the left and bottom edge of the box.
Apply both strips of ribbon in a criss-cross direction, adhering on top of foiled box, using the E-Z Runner® Grand Refillable Dispenser with E-Z Runner® Grand Ultra Strong Refill.
Remove the 3D Foam Bow Shape from the 3D Foam Holiday Embellishment Kit, remove the inside pieces as shown. Keep the pieces for use later.
Adhere to the center of the crossed ribbons. Remove the top liner and apply Red Foil with the red side facing up. Gently rub then peel away the foil sheet. Fit the 3D Foam Bow Shape pieces back into the red bow, remove the top liners and add Gold Foil to them.
To create shadows, add the angled black cardstock strip to the left side of the gold box, with the angle as shown. Add the other black strip to the bottom edge of the box used with the E-Z Runner® Grand Refillable Dispenser and E-Z Runner® Grand Ultra Strong Refill.
On a piece of ¾ x 2 ¼-inch black cardstock, add sentiment or a sticker sentiment and place it approximately ½-inch above the foiled gift box embellishment.
Find this project and other paper crafts for every occasion throughout the year in our PDF eBook, 20 Celebration Crafts for Every Occasion
Which metallic hue is your favorite? Gold, silver, rose gold, bronze, or something else?
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Soft & Snuggly Mini-shawl
- Recycled Toilet Paper Roll Rocket Craft
- Cuff To Cuff Colorblock Cardigan
- Bob & Betty Bird
- Diy Photo Display Board From Cardboard & Leftover Fabric - No Sew!
- How To Make A Ribbon Lei
- Easy Magic Pillowcase
- Fun Kids Art Ideas With Popsicle Craft Sticks
- How To Make Homemade Body Scrubs
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home