Glowing Happy Birthday Card
Simple and stunning lettering sets this handmade birthday cards above the rest.
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
In the Designer's Words: "Lettering in gold and adding a few easy strokes and embellishments can make all the difference to personalizing your card. When these letters catch the light, they simply glow! Draw little curls at the end of the phrase. Add extra flourishes, hearts and dots. Have fun!"
Making your own birthday cards is a lovely and often budget-friendly way to give a card that is actually memorable. While store-bought cards can be adorable and hilarious, learning how to make homemade cards is just so much more special. Learn how to make simple and classy birthday card ideas with this paper craft tutorial. The Glowing Happy Birthday Card shows you how to create flawless lettering to wish anyone in your life a very happy birthday. Use this project to make a DIY birthday card for kids or adults. All you need to do is change the sentiment inside to your occasion.
Time to CompleteUnder an hour
Primary TechniqueGeneral Paper Crafting
Project or Page SizeCard
Type of Paper UsedCardstock
- Core’dinations cardstock in Aquamarine and Harborside
- Sakura Pentouch Calligrapher in Gold
- Sakura GellyRoll Metallic
- Soapstone pencil
- Double sided adhesive
- Kneadable eraser
Form a tent fold card base measuring 12 x 4.5” from dark coloured cardstock.
Cut a panel measuring 11 x 3.5” from the same dark cardstock and cut a slightly larger mat of the lighter coloured cardstock.
Lightly draw a baseline and a waistline across the smallest panel with your soapstone pencil to help keep your lettering straight. If your paper is textured, you might want to work on the smoother side.
Letter your sentiment with the Pentouch Calligrapher.
Create small hearts in the stem of each letter as shown, using Gelly Roll pens in red or pink.
Run strokes between each of the letters and through the counterspaces using pens in your favourite colours. It doesn't have to be perfect!
Draw little curls at the end of the phrase. Add extra flourishes, hearts and dots. Have fun!
Assemble the card as shown with double sided adhesive. Erase the soapstone pencil lines with a kneadable eraser.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
New to the wonderful world of crochet? If so, you should definitely start with this Light Grey Easy Crochet Afghan Pattern. When… Continue reading: "Light Grey Easy Crochet Afghan Pattern"
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Create A Heart Template
- Mitered Corners
- How To Sew A Four Patch Quilt Block
- Easy Half Square Triangles
- Diy Valentine’s Day Toilet Paper Roll Wreath
- Easy You Spice Up My Life Diy Valentine's Day Gifts With Printables
- Winter Walk Cap
- Valentine's Day Potpourri With Essential Oils
- Kindness Changes Everything DIY Tote Bag
- Printable Bible Verses About Joy
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home