Cupcake Wish Canvas
Create a feminine canvas with candle cupcake and delicate embellishments. This project from Sizzix is a great way to announce a birthday or to decorate a girl's room permanently.
- Sizzix Brand Die-Cutting Machine
- Sizzix® Bigz™ Dies: #656110 Cake w/Stand, Candles & Flower by Dena Designs; #656111 Cupcake & Cherry by Dena Designs
- Sizzix Sizzlits® Decorative Strip Die: #655679 Lace Edging by Scrappy Cat
- Colored Cardstock of Your Choice
- Patterned Paper of Your Choice
- Distressing Inks - Various Colors
- Embroidery Floss
- Foam Brush
- Glue Gun and Glue Sticks
- Organdy Fabric
- Paint Brush - Flat
- Paper Towel
- Pigma Pen - Black
- Pipe Cleaner
- Sheer Ribbon
- Solid Ribbon
- Spray Bottle of Water
- Mist canvas lightly with water. Apply light coat of acrylic paint to canvas. Blot with paper towel.
- Cut a piece of patterned paper into a rectangle and adhere to canvas. Cut a strip of another patterned paper to fit frame and attach to top of canvas. Die-cut scallop strip from patterned paper and adhere to bottom of canvas.
- Apply Xyron to several sheets of colored paper. Die-cut Cupcake from papers. To embellish, brush distressing ink onto Cupcake. Adhere Cupcake to canvas.
- Tear piece of paper to make candle and flame. Add distressing ink for embellishment. Attach to Cupcake.
- Cut out word “Wish” from paper and embellish with distressing ink and black pen. Attach to canvas with glue.
- Add fine detail with black pigma pen and brush edges of canvas with distressing ink. Tie embroidery thread across top of canvas.
- Tie bow with ribbon and netting. Make a loop from pipe cleaner. Attach bow, netting and pipe cleaner to canvas with hot glue.
- Die-cut Flower from felt and fabric. Tie a knot in button with embroidery thread. Attach button to flower with hot glue. Attach entire piece to bottom of Cupcake.
- Glue ribbon trim around three sides of frame. Tie bow at top.