Felt Covered Wire Hangers
These cute Felt Covered Wire Hangers from Heather Valentine would be great for a little girl's closet...or even your own closet! Decorative hangers are easy to make and also make great gifts for the girl who has it all!
- Old wire hangers
- Felt or polar fleece
- Needle & thread
- Starting with two wire hangers, tape them together in a couple of places. This is just to keep them stable while you are covering them later.
- Then cut a strip of felt 1″ wide by the length of your hanger. *Be sure to measure all along the outside of your hanger and around the curve. Mine measured 42″ but yours might be different.
- Starting at the inside edge, wrap the felt around and blanket stitch in place. Continue to pinch and stitch all the way around. Clip end into a point, fold back and stitch the end in place. Bury your knot.
- To create flowers, I cut circles from the felt. Then, I cute in a spiral pattern; leaving a round circle as the base.
- Starting at the long end of spiral, wrap the strip around a pencil and hot glued in place.
- Attach flower to hanger. You can attach with needle and thread or glue gun. Your choice.
Read NextHandy Dandy Lamp Shade