Homemade Sugar Scrub and Embellished Bath Jar
Make your own sugar bath scrub and personalized bath jar with this tutorial from Tiffany Windsor. This combination makes a lovely gift for Mother's Day or any special occasion.
- Sizzix Big Shot
- Sizzix Big Alphabet Set 4 Dies - Go Slim Lowercase
- Sizzix Sizzlits Die 3-pack Summer Fruit Set #2 by Emily Humble
- Scrapbook paper – coordinating colors and patterns
- Paper cutter or scissors
- Glass jar
- Ribbon trim
- Almond oil
- Essential oil
This is a quick and easy project! Mix bath scrub ingredients in bowl (recipe below) and scoop into jar. Replace lid. Clean outside of jar completely to remove any overspill residue. Set aside.
Using your Big Shot and dies, cut lettering and strawberry. Measure and cut background paper to size to fit around glass jar overlapping seam at back. Mark front center. Lay background paper face up on flat work surface. Using front center mark to guide placement, glue lettering and strawberry onto background paper. Wrap paper around jar and glue or tape to hold.
- Measure, cut and glue ribbon to jar of lid. Wrap up for a special gift. Be sure to include a hand-lettered tag listing the sugar scrub ingredients!
Lavender Orange Sugar Scrub
- Mix equal parts white cane sugar and almond oil (you can also substitute with avocado oil or olive oil). Add equal drops of lavender essential oil and orange essential oil (or essential oils of your choice). Mix together in bowl and scoop into jar. When ready to use scrub, use a wooden scoop or popsicle stick to scoop contents from jar. Keep jar tightly sealed between uses.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Jan 13, 2017
This does seem easy enough. I make scrubs too. I like to use coconut oil, I like the way it makes my skin feel after exfoliating. I leave mine in the bathroom and use on my hands in the morning and I don't have to put on hand moisturizer afterwards as my hands already feel soft, not dry. I guess I take the long way around though as I infuse my own oil by placing lime peel, orange peel or whatever (even lemon) in my oil in the sun for about three days and I don't use any essential oils. It is more natural. Here are some photos of my scrub.
Oct 11, 2011
Sugar scrub can be used on your face or other parts of your body. It is extremely softening, I've made other sugar scrubs before but this one seems very simple and I would like to try it out for sure.
Oct 06, 2011
So if you use 4 cups of sugar, you need 4 cups of almond oil - for some reason that does not sound right. Then is this a facial scrub, or ??? Please clarify the uses for this scrub. Thank you.
May 14, 2010
where's the recipe for sugar scrub all i got was a salad recipe from tyler florence
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Join our community of 5 million crafters!
- Get free craft projects, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use