Sugar Scrub with Flower Jar Toppers
Ever wondered how to make Sugar Scrub with Flower Jar Toppers? Follow this home craft tutorial from Tiffany Windsor and learn how to pamper yourself at home!
- Empty jar
- Velvet ribbon
- Aleene’s Tack-It Over and Over glue
- White cane sugar
- Almond oil
- Lavender essential oil
- Orange essential oil
- Wooden scoop or popsicle stick
For jar toppers:
- The flower petals were created from Sizzix Beauty Bloom Originals Die #655455 by Brenda Pinnick and felt by National NonWovens.
- For the larger flowers, I folded the petals, hand-stitched, folded again and stitched to give fullness to my fleurs.
- I looped vintage-look velvet ribbon and hand-stitched those together and then stitched them to the back of the felt flowers. I also cut the lettering from my Sizzix alphabet die using extra felt that I had in my studio stash. It’s easy to remove the screw lids to use the top as a pattern to cut scrapbook papers or fabric to fit into the top.
- If you’re just displaying these jars in your own bath area, you can simply set the flowers on top of the jars.
- If you are giving these as a gift, you can use Aleene’s Tack-It Over and Over glue to temporarily adhere the flowers to the decorated jar lid. That way, your gift recipient can easily remove the flower if they would like to use it on another project or leave it in place and simply keep refilling the jar.
For sugar scrub:
- Mix equal parts white cane sugar and almond oil (you can also substitute with avocado oil, jojoba or coconut oil).
- Add equal drops of lavender essential oil (I always prefer organic essential oils) and orange essential oil (or essential oils of your choice).
- Mix together in bowl and scoop into jar.
- When ready to use scrub, use a wooden scoop or popsicle stick to scoop contents from jar.
- Keep jar tightly sealed between uses.
- If you haven’t used up your scrub within a month, you should toss it away and mix up a fresh batch.
Read NextSoap Dispenser Mason Jar Craft