Bathroom Basket Decor
With this tutorial from Kathy Peterson and Krylon, simple craft wood pieces transform into flowers to decorate this simple basket. Baskets are a simple and stunning way to add home décor crafts to your home while still adding extra storage. This kind of double-duty DIY craft is perfect for small bathrooms and pantries, because it shines with color without getting in the way. This charming tutorial shows you exactly how to paint and accent a boring basket to make an unusually pretty piece of DIY décor. Whether you stuff this homemade basket idea with towels or use it to display fancy soaps, your guests are sure to marvel at your crafty know-how.
Check out the rest of our DIY home decor and bathroom decor ideas for even more charming craft ideas.
- Krylon H2O™ Latex - Indian Ocean Burgundy (#2612)
- Krylon H2O™ Latex - Yellow Sea (#2602)
- Krylon H2O™ Latex - Arctic White (#2606)
- Wicker Basket
- Craft Wood Pieces: Circle and Petal Shapes
- Craft Glue
- Masking Tape
- Scissors & Craft Paper
- Drop Cloth
- Shoebox (used to contain wood pieces while painting)
- Painter's Tape
- Safety Glasses
- Using Arctic White, spray paint entire basket. Allow to dry.
- Using scissors, cut craft paper to fit inside of basket and secure with painters tape.
- Spray exterior and handle of basket with Indian Ocean Burgundy. Allow to dry.
- Secure wood flower petal pieces with a piece of rolled masking tape to inside of shoebox. Spray with Arctic White. Allow to dry and remove from box. Repeat process using wood circles and paint with Yellow Sea. Allow to dry and remove from box.
- Using image as guide, position painted wood piece into flower shapes and secure to basket with glue. Allow glue to dry.
- Fold or roll up hand towels and place inside basket.
For more project ideas, please visit www.krylon.com/projects.
Read NextSoap Dispenser Mason Jar Craft
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
May 09, 2017
Great way to organize your towels, not only in the bathroom but also in your linen cabinets. You can buy baskets that are decorated already. I like this way of organizing because it reminds me the old days. This is how my mo fixes our towels.
Mar 22, 2016
I love to see ideas like this, because I always try to find DIY before buying what I need, if possible. I love the versatility of this, you can change the size and the color, and you can use it for so many different items to store inside. I can see one of these in each of my rooms. I just love this idea. Thank you so much for sharing this.
Dec 13, 2013
This is awesome- wish I had seen this earlier. We are using this for a debutante ball. The florist is charging megabucks. Will be a DIY project for the next event.
Dec 19, 2010
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Join our community of 5 million crafters!
- Get free craft projects, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use