Painted Apple Mason Jar Craft
This Painted Apple Mason Jar Craft will send your student straight to the top of the class. Mason jar craft projects make great gifts for anyone because you can fill them with candy, trinkets or other small items. Since this project is so easy to complete, you can let kids work on it unsupervised. Have them decorate the Mason jar on their own and pick what they want to put inside. After school crafts like this one are perfect for little ones with lots of energy. Turn off the television and power down the screens for an afternoon of fun and creativity.
- Americana Multi-Surface Acrylics
- Dark Scarlet
- Apple Green
- Brown Sugar
- Water container
- Palette or plastic plate
- Paper towels
- Mason jar
- Cardstock (green)
- Baker’s twine
- Craft knife
- Super Glue
- Use a craft knife to cut a wine cork in half. Paint the wine cork with Brown Sugar. Let dry.
- Cut a leaf shape from green cardstock.
- Paint two coats of Apple Green onto the Mason jar’s lid. Let dry.
- Paint two coats of Apple Green Americana multi surface satin paint onto the Mason jar’s lid. Let dry.
- Superglue the cork to the top of the lid. Let dry.
- Superglue the cardstock leaf to the cork. Let dry.
- Wrap pencils to the jar with baker’s twine.
For more great home decor projects and paint craft ideas, check out our eBook Painting the Seasons with Americana Multi-Surface Acrylics from DecoArt. You'll find DIY craft projects for all season.
Read NextNo-Sew Pencil Case