Animal Nursery Quilt
This animal quilt will bring cheerful color to any nursery. The quilt uses an intermediate technique to frame the cute animals.
- Fabric A: Bonus Border (CP19844-160) 3½ yards*
- Fabric B: Animal Dots Toss (CP19848-H21) ½ yard
- Fabric C: Animal Toss (CP19849-160) ½ yard
- Fabric D: Stars and Moon (CP20048-160) 1 yard
- Fabric E: Patches All Over (CP20247-160) ½ yard, or enough for four blocks
- Fabric A: Cut four 3½” x 29½” strips centering each over the scalloped border. Cut four 2½” x 29½” strips from the length of fabric for the inner border. Fussy cut four animal blocks into 6½” squares. Piece the remaining fabrics together for the backing.
- Fabric B: Fussy cut twenty-fi ve 3½” squares centering an animal in each.
- Fabric C: Fussy cut twenty 3½” squares centering an animal in each.
- Fabric D: Cut eight 2” x 9½” strips, eight 2” x 6½” strips, two 1½” x 29½” strips and two 1½” x 27½” strips. Cut fi ve 2¼” x width of fabric strips. Piece the strips together for the binding.
- Fabric E: Fussy cut four animal group 5½” squares.
- Sew one 3½” Fabric B square to each side of one Fabric C square (Fig. 1). Repeat to make fi ve Top Units and fi ve Bottom Units.
- Sew one 3½” Fabric C square to each side of one 3½” Fabric B square (Fig. 2). Repeat to make fi ve Middle units.
- Sew one Top and one Bottom unit to to each Middle unit to make a 9-Patch block (Fig. 3). Make fi ve 9-Patch blocks total.
- Sew one 2” x 6½” Fabric D strip to the sides of each 6½” Fabric A square.
- Sew one 2” x 9½” Fabric D strip to the top and bottom of each Fabric A square.
- Refer to the quilt photo and sew the 9-Patch and Animal Patch blocks together to make the quilt top.
- Sew one 2½” x 29½” Fabric A strip to the bottom of each 3½” x 29½” Fabric A strip with the scallop edge at the top of the strip to make one strip set.
- Refer to the quilt photo for direction and sew one strip set to each side of the quilt top.
- Sew one 5½” Fabric E square to each end of the remaining two strip sets. Sew the strip sets to the top and bottom of the quilt top.
- Layer, quilt and bind as desired.
Read NextTree Baby Quilt
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
chrisjuneneal 4308 677
May 08, 2014
Great ideas from seeing the picture and instructions - especially useful for a beginner such as me. Many thanks June
Jan 22, 2012
Here's the original pattern link. The manufacturer of the material says the Bazoople line of fabric is available at Walmart, Joann's, Hobby Lobby, etc. Hope this helps! http://www.springscreative.com/project-sheets/page/bazooples-quilt/
Jan 05, 2011
yes where is the material available
Aug 07, 2010
This is beautiful quilt, but where do I get the material thank you for so many patterns .Dot Robbins
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Join our community of 5 million crafters!
- Get free craft projects, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use