Wraparound Sewn Onesie Pattern
When you follow this Wraparound Sewn Onesie Pattern, you can rest assured you're creating the cutest outfit ever. Sewing patterns for baby don't get much more adorable than this simple DIY creation. Don't settle for generic store-bought duds for your precious little one - use jersey fabric (make sure it has a cute print) to construct your piece. Free baby sewing patterns are perfect for new mommies or anyone looking for a quick and fun baby shower gift to make.
- 1/4 meter jersey/interlock
- Ribb/Interlock to the fabric edges
- Sewing machine
- Jersey press-on buttons
- Cut out all the pieces.
- Then you sew together the shoulder seams. Make sure you add the correct section of each pice directly against each other.
- Cut out a 4 cm strip to make the edges.
- Sewing the strip on with my cover. Up the one side, the neck and down the other side. If you just have an regular sewing macine you can sew it on like biastape but stretch it when you sew it on the first time along the edges.
- What it will look like when you are done.
- Edge the bottompiece.
- Sew the shoulder seam.
- And edge the other sleeves. (If you rather want to sew it up, remember to add this in the sleeve pattern).
- Now, make this: Fold the fabric pieces together and sew around, or pull out if you don’t have overlock. Make 3 pieces. These will sit in the side seams as reinforcement where you insert pressonbuttons on the inside.
- Pin them onto the wraps as shown here. 2 pieces on the inner wrap ....
- ...and one on the outer wrap.
- Sew the side seams and sideseams on the sleeves at once. (Do not sew all the way out on the edge, starting and stopping about 2cm from both ends).
- And now a little trick with the fabric edges. Sew straightstitch by starting at the seam that is almost completed, and sew along the edges. (Black threads here) Pin together just to make sure it will not move when you sew.
- Then you fold edges to each side and sew two seams from the front side.
- Now cut away the excess edges. Voila now you have a good ending that not makes a big lump in the sleeves and they doesn’t meet skewed at eachother, which it often does because it is so thick there. If you sew with a regular machine, you can of course sew all the way at once and do the same.
- Turn the inside out and tadaaa you have made a wraparound body.