Little Girl Tu Tu Tutorial
How adorable will your daughter look in this little skirt from Jamielyn Nye? Let the Tu Tu Tutorial show you how to create this one of a kind Tu Tu. She will be the hit of the party in this super cute sewing project.
- Elastic Band (1/2in - 1in)
- First you’ll need to start out with an elastic band (1/2 in – 1 in works best). These come in packs at Jo-Ann’s for about $2. Measure your child’s waist and cut the piece of elastic 1 in bigger. Then you will sew the ends together.
- Next you’ll cut your tulle (use the kind on spools-found mine at HL). I cut mine 18 inches for a 3 month old. Decide how long or short you want yours and measure accordingly.
- Next you’ll tie a double knot around the elastic. I did a pattern of white-pink-white polka dot- pink – white and so on until I got all the way around. You can get creative here and do as many colors as you’d like…however I prefer to stick to 2-3 colors. Also make sure to slide the knots real close together to get the puffy tu-tu.
- I wanted to add just a little bit of ribbon, so I tied a thin piece of ribbon next to the polka dot tulle. So it ended up being about a 5-1 ratio or tulle to ribbon. Again get creative here. Big fat ribbon looks super cute as well.
- That’s all! Is that not the cutest thing you’ve ever seen!?