Pumpkin and Candle Centerpiece
Create a beautiful centerpiece for your autumn gathering or Thanksgiving with a diamond-cut pumpkin. The pumpkin becomes a stand for a glass-jar candle and floral ring. You can also place a light inside the pumpkin.
- Walnut Hollow® #23906 Creative Versa-Tool™
- Walnut Hollow® #3523 8” Round Plate
- Craft Pumpkin
- Other Supplies: Flat Paint Brush, Floral Candle Wreath or Flowers and Floral Wire, Jar Candle, Pencil, Pliers, Pumpkin Light (optional), Satin Varnish, Wire Cutters
- Before using the Creative Versa-Tool™, read all instructions and follow all safety precautions. Attach the Hot Knife Point to Creative Versa-Tool™ and tighten with pliers. Use tape to secure stand to hard surface. Place Creative Versa-Tool™ on stand. Plug into electric outlet, press switch “ON”, and let heat 4 -5 minutes.
- Using pencil, trace 7 – 3 ½” diamond shapes onto pumpkin, referring to picture for placement.
- Using the Hot Knife Point, cut along traced lines. Also cut a 4 ½” hole at the top of the pumpkin, removing stem. Remove cut pumpkin scraps through hole. Remove Hot Knife Point with pliers.
- Attach Tapered Point with pliers and create a dot design around each diamond shape by touching the Point onto the pumpkin. Remove Tapered Point with pliers.
- Attach Circle Point with pliers and hot stamp design around the perimeter of the Round Plate. Unplug tool and allow to cool. When completely cool, remove the Point.
- Apply one coat of varnish to plate. Let dry completely.
- Turn pumpkin upside down so that the cut hole is resting on the plate. Place jar candle inside floral wreath and place onto the flat surface of pumpkin.
- If desired, place a battery operated pumpkin light inside the pumpkin.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
More from "Autumn"
Whether you call it autumn or fall, you will find tons of fall craft ideas to decorate your home. These easy autumn crafts, like DIY fall wreaths, are perfect to make once the first leaf drops.
There are no records