Naturally Beautiful Fall Table Runner
This Naturally Beautiful Fall Table Runner makes a stunning centerpiece for your fall Thanksgiving table. Use it as an inspiration for a color pattern or let it be the main focus of your tablescape. Layered with vibrant leaves, this country-style project offers a hint of sophistication and elegance, making it perfect for a rustic or barn wedding as well. You could also make this lovely table runner as a gift for a newly married couple or a housewarming present for a new neighbor.
- ¼ yd. each of four coordinating fabrics
- Coordinating Thread(s)
- Nature-Fil Fusi-boo™ Batting
- Marking pen
- Sewing Machine
- Iron and ironing board
For the pictured centerpiece we used changeable taffeta fabrics and metallic threads. You can change the shape of your centerpiece or number of leaves you use as you desire.
- Fold one piece of fabric in half with right sides facing in.
- Cut one piece of Nature-Fil Fusi-boo™ batting approximately the same size as the folded fabric.
- Place piece of batting on table and place folded fabric on top of batting.
- Using the template cut out 14 leaf shapes from all layers and pin them together.
- Sew all leaf shapes using a ¼ inch seam allowance leaving a 1½ inch opening.
- Turn leaves right side out with batting inside. Tuck opening edge in ¼ inch and pin.
- Top stitch around outside of leaf about 1/8 of an inch from edge.
- Iron following Nature-Fil Fusi-boo™ package directions.
- Sew leaf vein pattern on leaves with decorating threads.
- Repeat steps 1 thru 9 with other three fabrics.
- Starting with a circle of leaves on the table and working outward, add all leaves in random order by tucking under the first circle of leaves.
- When you are happy with your design, pin leaves on edges where they overlap.
- Hand or machine tack leaves together where you pinned.
Read NextHarvest Door Decor