Fall Leaf Ornament
Here’s a quick and easy little ornament from Jacquard Products to make for any time of year (just change the inside to match the occasion). Fast and Fabulous!!!
- Piñata Color: Calabaza Orange, Sunbright Yellow
- Lumiere: Old Brass, Metallic Rust
- Square glass ornament
- Small leaves - dried or silk
- Craft wire
- Carefully remove the metal cap from the ornament. Squirt the Pinata Colors inside. Touch the tip of the bottle to the glass while your squeezing so that the color runs down the inside of the ornament. Not too much—you want the paint to drip down the sides without puddling up too much on the bottom. When you are happy with how it looks, set it aside and let dry.
- Paint the small leaves with Lumiere and let dry.
- Wrap short pieces of craft wire around the stems of the leaves. If you are using dried leaves, the stems may be brittle so use a bit of craft glue to secure them to the wire.
- Wind the wire ends around a pencil or the end of your paintbrush to give them a bit of curl.
- Put the leaves inside the ornament one at a time. Thread the non-leafy ends of the wires through the metal cap and adjust the lengths so that the leaves hang at different levels and don’t touch the bottom of the ornament too much. (This part may be kinda tricky, mostly if you are using real leaves. Handle them gently so as not to crush them.) When you are happy with the way the leaves hang inside the ornament wind the wire ends together and wrap them around the top of the hanger.
- Finish off by tying a little accent ribbon at the top—or personalize it with an ExtravOrganza ribbon!