Fall Greeting Card
Use textured paper and a leaf stamp to create this beautiful autumn card.
- Blank 5x7 card (any brand)
- Mulberry paper- dark brown
- Cocoa brown cardstock
- Polka Dot paper- Scrappin' Creations Power Pad
- Cobblestone textured paper, Fibermark
- Fabric strips in coordinating colors
- Oak leaf stamp, Rubber Stampede
- Stamp pad (any brand) in coordinating color
- Kreinik Finishing Touches Iron-On assortment- 6420 Sky Blue
- Tools: Iron, teflon presscloth, scissors, glue stick
- First turn your iron on to it's highest setting and let it heat thoroughly. Then cut out your pieces. Cut thin strips of your paper, cardstock, and fabric to the same length and varying widths. Stamp two oak leaves on your Cocoa cardstock.
- Arrange your strips on your card the way you want them, then begin gluing them down. When finished gluing, use your iron to embellish between the strips with your Sky Blue ribbon. Lay the thread at a starting place, cover with the Teflon Press Cloth, and press for several seconds until the thread adheres.
- Next, embellish your leaves. Begin at the base of the stem and outline your leaf with Sky Blue braid. Finish by outlining the middle of the leaf. When both leaves are finished, cut them out (leaving a thin border outside your braid outline) and arrange them on your card. Glue in place.
- Finish your card by writing "Fall" in thread. Write your word lightly in pencil first if you need a guide to follow.
Kreinik threads available through needlework stores or www.kreinik.com.
Read NextVintage Doily Pumpkins
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Join our community of 5 million crafters!
- Get free craft projects, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use
Thank You for Signing Up!
There was an issue signing you up. Please check your email address, and try again.