Sign On Wood
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
"My wife opened a new initiative, a greenhouse for the cultivation of Succulent plants. I created a sign with the name of the branding "Santa Succulenta" that will express the concept of sustainability, reuse of materials and closeness to the earth and nature. The board I used was taken from an old wooden pallet. I've edited the logo in a graphic software and I've adjusted the letters to a size that fits the board nicely. because of its size, I had to split the logo into 2 pages (A3) and overlap it so that it would be easy to match the letters."
Primary TechniqueWood Crafts
- Pallet wood
- Gold paint
- Masking Tape
- A3 Page
I've edited the logo in a graphic software and I've adjusted the letters to a size that fits the board nicely. because of its size, I had to split the logo into 2 pages (A3) and overlap it so that it would be easy to match the letters.
Note: click any image for larger version.
I've cut the inside of the letters with a sharp knife, and made sure to leave the center of the letters if they needed a "bridge". for example: the letter A.
I've cleaned the dust and dirt from the board surface before i added masking tape stripes. I've took the stencil and laid it on the masking tape and carefully marked with pencil all the contours of the letters. I've took a sharp knife and made cuts on the pencil marks, then I've peeled the letters out. now all that I needed to do is to pick a color and go over the letters with a brush.
I've waited for the paint to dry - usually the Drying time is written on the can. then I removed all the masking tape and discovered the beautiful golden letters, I've inserted two screws on the back of the board, added an iron wire and the sign is finished !
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
This Rustic Coffee Filter Wreath is a beautiful home decor item for the fall. It's easy to make and looks great hanging by a mantel… Continue reading: "Rustic Coffee Filter Wreathvideocam"
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Soft & Snuggly Mini-shawl
- Recycled Toilet Paper Roll Rocket Craft
- Cuff To Cuff Colorblock Cardigan
- Bob & Betty Bird
- Diy Photo Display Board From Cardboard & Leftover Fabric - No Sew!
- How To Make A Ribbon Lei
- Easy Magic Pillowcase
- Fun Kids Art Ideas With Popsicle Craft Sticks
- How To Make Homemade Body Scrubs
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home