DIY Arrow Sign
Decorate your kitchen walls in a new way
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
In the Designer's Words: "Create ths fun 'GOOD EATS Here...' kitchen sign using UBER Matte Spray paint and acrylic paint! This sign has a vintage feel from the distressed edges but can also go in a modern kitchen. Customize it with any words you like, even someone's name!"
This sign will point you in the right direction, to the kitchen. You can customize the DIY Arrow Sign to have an inspirational quote, monogram, or your BFF's name. This craft would make the perfect house warming gift or birthday present. The distressed look will add a vintage touch to any room. And the best part about DIY crafts is how authentic and store-bought they look. All signs point to this being your next fun craft!
Time to CompleteIn an evening
Primary TechniqueWood Crafts
Project TypeMake a Project
- Design Master's UberMatte Ultra Matte Color Finish in Mist (555)
- Delta's Ceramcoat Select Multi-Surface Satin Acrylic Paint in Shadow Gray (04037)
- Walnut Hollow Arrow Sign
- Rubber Stamp Alphabet
- PLAID FolkArt Gold Taklon Detail Brushes (#10/0, #3, #5)
- Staple Gun
- Jute Twine
- Foam Paint Brush
- FolkArt Home Decor Varnish
- Nail and Hammer
Sand the wood arrow to remove any excessively rough edges and burrs. Wipe the sawdust away with a soft cloth.
Spray one coat of Design Master's UberMatte Ultra Matte Color Finish in Mist (555) over the front and sides of the arrow. Allow to dry.
Apply a second coat of Design Master's UberMatte Ultra Matte Color Finish in Mist (555) to the arrow and allow to dry.
Apply Delta's Ceramcoat Select Multi-Surface Satin Acrylic Paint in Shadow Gray (04037) to rubber stamp letters with a foam brush.
Stamp the letters onto the arrow to spell a word or words.
Wash the stamps immediately, before the paint dries.
Lightly brush the excessive paint from the foam brush all over the arrow to distress it.
Use PLAID FolkArt Gold Taklon Detail Brushes (#10/0, #3, #5) to add lines with Delta's Ceramcoat Select Multi-Surface Satin Acrylic Paint in Shadow Gray (04037) as a design detail to the arrow.
Write another word with the PLAID FolkArt Gold Taklon Detail Brushes (#10/0, #3, #5) and the Delta's Ceramcoat Select Multi-Surface Satin Acrylic Paint in Shadow Gray (04037).
Allow paint to dry.
Flip the arrow over and use a staple gun to staple a strip of heavy jute twine to the back of the arrow. This will serve as a hanger.
Add a nail or screw to the wall and hang the arrow.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
Cupcake liner crafts can be some of the prettiest projects out there, and this wreath is no exception. Create a stunning cupcake liner… Continue reading: "Faux Flower Cupcake Liner Wreath"
- Tropical Hanging Paracord Pallet Chair
- How to Decoupage on Wood
- Vintage Ruler American Flag Door Hanger
- DIY Slide-Out Ironing Board
- Rustic Pallet Cross
- The EASIEST Rustic DIY Wood Magnets Made From a Ruler.
- Wood Burned Ornaments
- Simple Homemade Wooden Cross
- Christmas Countdown Tree Project
- Decoupage Wooden Coat Hangers [3 Ways]
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Beginner Crafts: 12 Simple Craft Ideas for Adults
- 11 Radiant Rainbow Crafts and Rainbow Art
- Unicorn Snot Glitter Gel
- Upsp Postage Stamp Earrings
- Diy Shirt: 5 Minute Sewing Tutorial
- How To Hang Any Mug Rug - After You've Made It!
- Hanging Christmas Tree With Ornaments For Kids
- Fairy Crown With Template
- Standing Mini Gnomes
- Toilet Paper Roll Butterfly Craft For Kids
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home