Snow is the most beautiful part of winter...and these Sparkling Snowflakes are a great way to bring the beauty of winter indoors. Great for having on display from Christmas through New Year's, these snowflakes and sparkle and shimmer to any room in your home. Hosting a winter gathering? These lovely snowflakes make a great backdrop. Hang them from the ceiling or arrange them on the table to add sparkle to your tablescape. Easy and fun to make, these snowflakes are great for beginners and advanced crafters alike.
Primary TechniqueGeneral Crafts
- MD Hobby and Craft Metal Sheet
- Metal file
- Glitter glue
Glitter Glue Directions
- Make sure metal is clean and dry before application.
- Cut tube open, apply to surface and spread as desired with paint brush.
- Product applies white and dries crystal clear.
- Allow at least 24 hours. Complete dry time is based on thickness of the application.
- Clean up uncured material from tools and hands with soap and water.
- Reseal container after use to prevent drying.
Glitter Glue Warnings
- Supervise children while using this product.
- Not for use in submerged water applications.
- Not for use in food contact areas.
- Do not eat or swallow.
- Avoid contact with eyes.
- Keep from freezing.
- Use a pencil to trace template (Shapes 1 & 2 available in the MD Hobby and Craft Metal Sheet) by placing the metal sheet over the template.
- Cut out 1 piece of Shape 1 and 4 pieces of Shape 2 using scissors or tin snips. Smooth edges using a metal file.
- Insert end of Shape 2 through opening of Shape 1. Fold at dotted line so Shape 2 “hooks” onto Shape 1. Repeat on all four sides. Hammer bended area flat.
- Decorate your snowflake with glitter glue and rhinestones. Allow to dry before handling.
- Use ornament hangers to hang. To add length, attach fishing line to ornament hanger and snowflake.
- Repeat above steps to create additional snowflakes or try creating other shapes and sizes.
You can find this project-and many more-in our new free eBook, 11 DIY Christmas Decorations and Ideas.