Create a fun winter accessory with this easy Snowman Brooch. Made using cork stoppers, this fun snowman is a cute addition to any winter ensemble. If you're feeling extra creative, you could even use this snowman to decorate a gift tag or an ornament. It would even be a fun project for kids to do after school during a snowy winter afternoon. Make one for mom and grandma, and have fun decorating your very own Snowman Brooch. These make great stocking stuffers and are also fun gifts for teachers and neighbors.
Primary TechniqueGeneral Crafts
- A cork stopper (small size)
- 2 pieces of light-weight lace ribbon, about 0.70 inches wide, color: white
- Brooch pin
- Small rectangular piece of cardboard cut from a box flap
- Craft knife
- Artist markers
- Strong craft glue
- Dark colored fabric to cover the rectangular piece of cardboard
- Cover the rectangular cardboard piece with the fabric. Use your craft glue to secure it on the back side.
- After the glue has dried, with your craft knife, cut two thin disks from the cork stopper. You could cut one disk smaller than the other (like mine) or two disks of the same size. These disks will form the head and the body of your snowman. Glue them on the brooch base and use the markers to draw the buttons, the eyes and the nose, then wait for the glue to harden.
- Take the two pieces of white lace ribbon and glue them on the sides of your snowman brooch – half the ribbon at the front and half at the back of the brooch, lengthwise. Wait for the glue to dry completely.
- Turn your snowman brooch to its back side and glue the brooch pin.
Read Next21 Snowflake Crafts for Adults