Gold Dipped Frosted Reindeer Trio
A beautiful winter scene awaits with these Gold Dipped Frosted Reindeer. Your mantel, holiday table, or front table will look stunning with these precious foam reindeer. These sweet reindeer can be on display all winter long and would look beautiful among a forest of mini trees. Complete with printable templates to make 3 sweet reindeer, this project is great for adding country charm to your holiday decor. Dip the reindeer's feet in gold paint and add a touch of Diamond Dust Glass Glitter to your reindeer to truly make them sparkle. As picturesque as a winter painting, these reindeer bring the beauty of winter inside (without the snow!).
Time to CompleteIn an evening
Primary TechniqueGeneral Crafts
- FloraCraft® Make It: Fun® Foam
- Sheet: 1” x 12” x 36”
- FloraCraft® Diamond Dust® or Glass Glitter
- Acrylic Paint: Gold
- Holiday Ribbon
- Sprigs of Fresh Pine
- Straight Pins
- White Tacky Glue
- FloraCraft® StyroCutter® Plus
- Low-Temp Glue Gun
- Flat Paint Brush
- Serrated Knife
Check out this project and other great DIY Christmas crafts in our free eBook 20 Easy DIY Holiday Projects!
- Print templates on cardstock and cut out. Pin the templates to the foam sheet spaced about ¼” apart.
- Following the package instructions, carefully use the StyroCutter® Plus to cut out the number of pieces indicated on the patterns to create all three deer. Be sure to keep the blade of the cutter at a 90 degree angle to the top surface of the foam for a straight even edge. Use a scrap piece of foam as a sanding block to lightly smooth any uneven edges.
- Assemble the deer and secure with glue. Brush the deer with a coat of tacky glue and sprinkle with glitter while wet to completely cover. Let dry.
- Paint the feet of all three deer gold to create the hooves. Tie a small length of ribbon around the necks of each deer and embellish with fresh pine sprigs.
Read NextWinter Wonderland Candle Jars