Wedding Cake Quilt Block
Here's a fun no-sew quilt block you can attach to a quilted background. Use a hand-drawn image, printed onto fabric. When you add beads, tape, yarn, ribbon, and thread, the result is 3-dimensional fun and fanciness.
- Two 8" x 10" sheets of Treasure Tape
- Treasure tape dots
- Diamond Beadlets
- Kreinik #12 Braid in 092, 1223, 9194, 032, 071
- Scraps of lacy strips, elegant piping, etc
- Flat-backed pearl-like buttons
- Design printed on fabric sheet (8 1/2" x 11")
- Remove the white backing from an 8x10 sheet of Treasure Tape. Lay the fabric piece on the sticky tape, with the printed side facing the tape. Smooth out any bubbles.
- Turn your fabric piece over and remove the red liner exposing the top sticky area.
- Lay strips of decorative lace, ribbon or piping all around the edge of the fabric piece, pressing into the tape to adhere.
- Use the #12 Braid in color 032 to make the outline of the cake. Decorate layers of the cake by laying colors of #12 Braid plus your decorative ribbons. Press the ribbons into the tape to make sure it adheres.
- Lay the pearl buttons randomly around the cake. With colors of #12 Braid, make curly q's to resemble flower petals around some of the pearl buttons.
- When decorating is complete, lay your design in a shallow pan or tray and cover all remaining sticky areas with Diamond Beadlets.
Kreinik threads available through needlework stores or www.kreinik.com.