Romantic Vintage Wedding Favor
Give your upcoming wedding a rustic feel with these Romantic Vintage Wedding Favors. Perfect for filling with honey or homemade jam, these unique vintage wedding favors also come with a simple printable that you can easily attach to a small glass jar. Great for giving to wedding guests (as well as guests for any rustic-themed party), these adorable favors are simple and fun to make, and everyone is sure to appreciate the time and effort you spent putting these together.
- 400g clear glass jar with lid (Note: a cheese spread jar was recycled for this project)
- Heritage spray-on contact glue
- 40” each of three different matching ribbons
- Standard scissors
- Clear drying craft glue
- Jam or honey to fill the jar
- A few sheets of old newspapers to protect the working area
- Turpentine and cotton puffs (optional)
Boil the glass jar and lid in water for several minutes. Use tongs to remove them from the boiling water, shake off any excess water and screw the lid on lightly. Allow to cool down before continuing with the next step.
Print the artwork and cut it out.
Put the artwork upside down on the newspaper and spray an even layer of glue onto the back of the artwork. Also spray a layer of glue onto the glass jar where the sticker will be fitted.
Leave the sprayed surfaces to dry for 10 minutes before adhering the sticker to the glass jar. If necessary, use turpentine and cotton puffs to gently wipe away any excess glue from the glass jar. Allow to stand overnight so that the turpentine may evaporate.
Fill the jar with the jam and screw the lid on tightly.
- Tie the ribbons around the neck of the glass jar and make a bow. Neatly cut the ribbon ends and add a drop of glue to the knot of the bow, so that the bow won’t come loose.