Valentine's Day Angel Card
Nothing says "I Love You" like handmade cards. For Valentine's Day this year, why not send your sweetheart this vintage style Valentine's Day Angel Card? Embellished with a sweet angel and bright rhinestones, this card is simple and fun to make and is perfect to give to anyone. Personalize this card with a message inside telling your Valentine how much they mean to you. This is one card that's sure to be cherished and appreciated for years to come.
- 8.2” x 5.8” light gray marbled cardstock
- 8” x 5.6” red paper
- 4” x 4” red corrugated cardstock
- 3” x 3” white patterned cardstock
- 2.2” long white angel, made from Plaster of Paris
- 44 (approximately) small red flat-sided rhinestone beads
- Matching decorative red fabric ribbon
- Six 3D self-adhesive foam squares
- Pilot silver marker pen
- Water-based varnish.
- Stanley knife (utility knife)
- Craft glue
- Thin paint brush
- Two heart-shaped cookie cutters, one smaller than the other
Score the light grey marbled cardstock length-wise to create a card sized 4.1” x 5.8”.
With the fold at the left, place the big heart-shaped cookie cutter on the front of the card and trace around the cutter with the pencil.
Make a free-hand drawing of an abstract heart around the traced heart. Use the Stanley knife to cut out certain parts from the free-hand drawn heart. Be careful not to cut into the heart that has been traced with the cookie cutter, and do not cut through to the back of the card.
Score the red paper length-wise and glue the red paper to the inside of the card. It is best to only apply glue to the fold of the red paper, and then glue it to the inside of the card in alignment with the fold of the card.
Carefully erase all pencil marks from the front of the card.
Use the rhinestone beads to make half a frame at the top and bottom of the card.
Use the big heart-shaped cookie cutter again and trace it onto the red corrugated cardboard. Cut the heart out and glue it to the front of the card.
Use the small cookie cutter to trace a small heart onto the white cardstock and cut it out.
Cut two small strips from the decorative red ribbon and glue it to the back of the white heart.
Create a 3D effect for the white heart. Use the self-adhesive foam squares to lift the heart off the background.
Use the Pilot silver marker pen to add some detail to the angel.
Add a thin layer of varnish to the angel and let it dry, before gluing the angel in place on the front of the card.
- Use the Pilot pen to add some detail to the edges of the cut-out. Be careful not to make markings on the red paper ~ it is best to place a sheet of old paper between the grey cardboard and the red paper before starting to add the detail.