Jewelry Organizer Shadow Box
It seems that jewelry and Valentine's Day go hand in hand. With this in mind, make a Jewelry Organizer Shadow Box from Tiffany Windsor that has an extra dose of love. Valentine's Day crafts for adults don't have to be loud and crazy. This one is understated and fun.
- Aleene’s Tacky Dot Singles
- Jewelry organizer (fabric covered)
- Alphabet stickers (I used glossy black plastic alphabet letters with rhinestones)
- Wood hearts, heart stickers and heart knicknacks
- Acrylic paint
- Paper towels
- Wet wipes
- Pour paint onto palette. Load brush with paint.
- Brush onto paper towel to remove excess paint. You want the brush to feel almost dry of paint.
- Brush over surface of alphabet letters. With the dry brush technique, you will leave areas of the surface of the letter unpainted. This will give you a “peeling paint” aged effect. Let the paint dry. If you like, you can pull more paint color off by using a wet wipe and gently wiping over the letter.
- After cutting the scrapbook paper to the desired size, I dry brushed over the paper to give it a vintage effect.
- To keep with the design scheme, I also dry brushed the stickers.
- Attach the scrapbook paper into each of the compartments with Aleene’s Tacky Dot Singles. You’ll just need a couple to hold in place. Use the Tacky Dots to secure your other knicknacks in place on the paper.
For a comprehensive video tutorial of this project, check out Jewelry Organizer Shadow Box.
Read NextLove Story Easy Canvas Art