Beaded Mandala Project
Create a colorful mandala pattern from The Bead Studio using seed beads and craft wire.
- size 11/0 seed beads
- size 6/0 seed beads (e-beads)
- 16-18, 4mm beads (crystal)
- 8-9, 6mm beads
- 8-9, 8mm beads
- 1 yard, 28g Craft Wire
These instructions are for an 8 spoke mandala – you may need to add a ninth spoke to keep your mandala flat. Once you’ve mastered the technique, try different bead combinations.
- String beads on wire in the following order: 1 11/0 SB, 4mm, 6mm, 4,, 3 SB, 8mm, 3 SB, 4mm, 6mm, 4mm.
- Bring the wire, on the end with the seed bead, around and through the first 3 beads on the opposite end.
- Pull ends, keeping the beads near the center of the wire, to create a loop.
- To the top wire add 3 SB, 8mm, 3 SB, 4mm, 6mm, 4mm. To the bottom wire add 1 SB, then bring the end of the bottom wire around and up through the 4, 6, 4, on the top wire.
- Continue this pattern until you have 8 spokes completed. Add 1 SB to the bottom wire and bring up through the first set of 4, 6, 4, to complete circle.
- Add 3 SB to each wire, then cross the wires through the 8mm bead. You’re ready to add the E-beads for your second row.
- Add 3 E-beads. Pass wire through the 8mm bead.
- Continue to add 3 E-beads after each 8mm bead until complete. (Switch wires if needed.)
- To add a hanger, cross the wire through the middle E-bead on the last row. Add 6 seed beads on each wire, then 1 SB on both wires and form a loop, wrapping ends around several times, trim and tuck ends.
Read NextDiy Pinecone Fire Starters