Painted Leaf Plate
On the search for the perfect fall table decorations? These lovely Painted Leaf Plates will add a nice homemade touch to any dining room. For other seasons, try painting the plates with flowers for the summer or berries for the winter.
- Clear glass plate
- Shimmer Opaque in: Gold, Copper and Bronze
- Marine Varnish
- Stencil of choice
- Large stencil brushes
- Adhere leaf stencil of your choice to back of plate.
- Stencil Gold Simmer Opaque onto plate. Vary the position of stencil alternating between Gold and Copper Shimmers. Cover the plate with stenciling. Let dry.
- Take same stencil and reapply Shimmer Opaque using opposite color over the dry stencil. Use Gold over the Copper and the Copper over the Gold. Let dry.
- Sponge Bronze Shimmer Opaque over the entire back of the plate. Let dry.
- For a more opaque look, paint back of plate with Perfect Paint.
- Add one more coat of sponged Bronze Shimmer Opaque over plate. Highlight with Gold Shimmer Opaque.
- Protect with Earth Safe Finishes Marine Varnish.