19 Paper Craft Techniques
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
There is so much you can do with paper if only you know these craft techniques! If you can't find paper you like for a scrapbook page, handmade card, or other paper craft project, you can create your own background using some simple craft tips and papercraft ideas. Learn a new paper craft technique or two and start producing amazing paper crafts!
19 Paper Craft Techniques
Table of Contents
These craft tutorials are easy, but they yield amazing results! You can create custom backgrounds for cards, scrapbook layouts, and wall art using some simple papercraft tips and tricks. We've got tutorials and papercraft videos too.
- Background Staining Technique: Make more elaborate paper craft projects with this Background Staining Technique from Theresa Cifali. You'll love the gorgeous look of this staining technique.
- Perfect Pearls Background: What is mica powder? It's a great crafting supply to add dimension and sheen to your paper crafts. Learn how to use perfect pearls and stamps to make handmade cards, scrapbook layouts, and other projects with this tutorial from Marti Wills.
- Custom Shimmer Backgrounds: Discover the magic of shimmering Luminarte Primary Elements powders and make gorgeous backgrounds for your mixed media and paper crafting projects! This video shows you how easy it is to create custom colors that shimmer, which can be used for various projects.
- Alcohol Inks Puddle Background: Here's another background idea to use with scrapbooking and card making. This alcohol ink technique from Marti Wills creates a lovely puddle background that you can use to make your embossed shapes pop!
- Perfect Pearls Shiny Stone Background: In this video from Marti Wills you'll learn how to use perfect pearls mist to make a shiny stone background to use in card making and scrapbooking. There is so much you can do with perfect pearls mists, so learn all of these perfect pearls techniques!
- Masking Video: How to Mask: Learn rubber stamping techniques like masking to give your homemade cards and scrapbook layouts some extra dimension. You can use this technique in many rubber stamping projects to add a wow factor!
There are tons of craft supplies you'll find at the store and not have a clue how to use. These craft tutorials show you how to use specific supplies and products to do really cool, crafty techniques.
- How to Use Distress Ink: Learn how to use distress ink with this helpful tutorial from Latrice Murphy. Working with stamps and ink is easy, and distress ink techniques like this are great for all your card making and scrapbook projects!
- How to Use Crackle Paint: Learn how to use crackle paint with this crackle paint technique video tutorial from Latrice Murphy. You can decorate almost anything with this technique.
- How to Use Twinkling H2Os: Learn how to add incredible shimmer and sparkle to your stamped images while still using your colored pencils for depth and dimension. This video from Marti Wills demonstrates how easy it is with Luminarte Twinkling H2Os!
- Copic Marker Techniques: Take your illustrations to a new level with this Copic Marker Techniques video from Latrice Murphy. Copic art markers are great for all of your paper projects, and they're so easy and fun to use. You can find Copic marker sets in various craft stores.
- Embossed Resist Technique: Create this gorgeous card from Latrice Murphy using the embossed resist technique, which is actually quite simple to do. You'll be embossing everything once you finish watching this video!
- How to Emboss on Vellum: Make your own greeting cards with these techniques from Latrice Murphy! When you see how easy it is to learn how to emboss on vellum, you'll want to make all of your cards this way.
- Wet Embossing: Wet embossing is similar to stamping, and the result is a textured design that functions as a great craft embellishment. Check out our quick and easy tutorial.
- Tissue Paper Tie Dye: Add color to your paper and fabric using this Tissue Paper Tie Dye Project. Mix and match colors to create your own "bleeding art". Tissue techniques are available here for fabric and paper coloring.
- How to Mix Patterned Paper: There's more to scrapbooking and cardmaking than gluing random pieces of paper together! Learn techniques from Marti Wills, like how to mix patterned paper and your scrapbook page layouts will look so much more polished.
- How to Create Faux Forged Foil: Create the look of forged foil with ordinary aluminum foil with this detailed tutorial from Heidi Borchers of Inspired at Home. This look can be used on any hard surface, such as a picture frame. This lovely antique look is perfect for home decor or gifts.
- Chalk Marbelized Paper: Learn how to marble paper with this simple step-by-step guide. It's such an easy technique and can be done in five quick steps. Beautiful marble paper is great for stamping, backing photos or for book making.
- How to Fold and Score Paper: Check out our step-by-step tutorial complete with information on how to fold paper and paper scoring instructions. Learn how to use this technique properly to ensure that you don't crack the surface of coated papers.
- Stitching on Paper: If you're bored with your handmade cards, learn a new technique! These hand made card ideas from Latrice Murphy add a special finishing touch to your cards and scrapbook layouts. Stitching on paper is so easy to do when you watch this DIY video tutorial.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
"This isn't your typical beginner knit cowl or scarf! Made with only one skein of yarn and with big needles, it works up fast. Perfect… Continue reading: "Eiffel Beginner Knit Cowl Pattern"
- How to Photo Transfer with Adhesive Sheets
- Glitter Glue Uses
- Does Mod Podge Dry Clear? + What To Do if It Doesn't
- How to Seal Glitter
- How to Make a Pom Pom
- Mod Podge Basics + 28 Mod Podge Crafts
- How to Remove Hot Glue from Any Surface
- How to Choose the Best Craft Glue
- How to Remove Mod Podge
- Mod Podge vs. Glue
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Six pointed Star Crochet Motif
- Christmas Tree Snowflake Ornament
- Thanksgiving Turkey Gnome
- Sunflower Swirls Shawl
- Rolled Hem with a Serger
- Kawaii Gift Box
- Handmade Pincushion and Pattern Weights Set
- 13 Tools and Tips for Sewing With Leather for the First Time
- Gingerbread Belly Flatware Holders
- Snowman Belly Flatware Holder
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home