Summer Calendar Chalkboard
Get ready for an eventful summer full of fun in the sun with the Summer Calendar Chalkboard. The instructions will show you how to use chalkboard paint for this summer craft. This unique calendar will help you list out your family's plans for vacations, parties, and holidays over the summer. You can display photos of your family members in the bottom tiles, too, so this calendar doubles as an organizational tool and a picture frame. Each summer you can erase and write new and exciting plans for June, July, and August on this chalkboard calendar.
- Plaid ® Wood Surfaces - Wood Tile Board
- Apple Barrel ® Colors - Black, 2 oz.; Snow White, 2 oz.
- FolkArt ® Chalkboard Multi-Surface Paint - Black, 8 oz.
- FolkArt ® Multi-Surface Satin Acrylic Paints - Daffodil Yellow, 2 oz.
- Mod Podge ® Satin, 8 oz.
- Scrapbook paper - Patterns and Months.
- Black and white copies of 3 summer photos
- #10 flat brush
- Chalk stick
- Remove Tiles and basecoat all with White, let dry.
- Basecoat 3 tiles with Black and Let dry. Apply 2 coats of chalkboard paint following general directions and let dry.
- Paint the frame with Daffodil Yellow and let dry.
- Using the tiles as a pattern, cut out desired scrapbook papers to fit where desired.
- Following direction on Mod Podge apply papers to each tile and let dry. Cut the photo copies smaller than the tiles and apply with Mod Podge as shown. Let dry.
- Personalize calendar with Chalk stick.