Popsicle Stick Beach Sign
Here's a fun and easy way to display your beach souvenirs: create a Popsicle Stick Beach Sign using objects you find on the beach. This popsicle stick craft from Amanda Formaro is thrifty and quick to whip up. It'll give your home a nautical vibe!
- 10 jumbo craft sticks
- Small pebbles
- Assorted shells, fish teeth and a starfish
- White craft glue
- Twine or string
- Acrylic craft paint: Sea Green and White
- Paint all of the craft sticks with Sea Green and let dry. Glue all of the craft sticks together, side by side. Do not line them up perfectly. Off set them so they appear jagged.
- Dry brush white paint over the top to give the green a washed out look, leaving some green peeking through.
- Use white craft glue to write the word BEACH in capital letters across the top of the plaque. Place small pebbles in the glue to create the letters.
- Use a paintbrush or your finger to spread white craft glue across the bottom and a few inches up both sides, then cover the glue with sand and let sit for five minutes. Tap off the excess sand.
- Glue starfish and shells along the sandy area. Glue the fish teeth in a row in the middle of the plaque.
- Fashion a simple hanger from twine and glue it to the back.