11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
DIY Low-Profile Drawer For Easy Storage
Reuse cardboard boxes for storage that is both simple and cheap.
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
From the blogger: "Ok I know, this is super basic. But it’s honestly been super awesome for me so I wanted to share! My bed is super low so it makes it hard to store things under there. It was just wasted space for me which was frustrating especially because I live in a studio. But after one fateful Amazon delivery, the idea struck me: Use the cardboard as a low profile drawer slide! Honestly, you can just lay down a sheet of cardboard and call it a day. But this will walk you through how to add handles and some extra stuff to make it slide easier."
Estimated CostUnder $10
Time to CompleteUnder an hour
Main MaterialRecycled Materials
- Large cardboard sheet or box
- Furniture Sliders
- Zip ties
- Drawer handle, rope, or more zip ties!
ATTACH THE FURNITURE SLIDERS. I had self sticking furniture sliders so I put one on each corner. It’d probably work better with a few more in the middle but the four worked well enough.
MAKE THE HANDLES. There’s probably 100 ways to attach and make handles for this but I used zip ties because that’s what I had at home and I’m self-isolating so I didn’t want to run to the store. I’m going to try to explain this but it might be easier to just follow along with the photos.
- Poke or drill your holes
- Push a small zip tie up through the first hole
- Push another small zip tie down through the second hole
- Push the first zip tie into the second zip tie
- Underneath, add a zip tie to the second zip tie sticking through
- Clip the extra zip tie length off the bottom ones underneath
- Repeat steps 1-6 about 4 or 5 inches to the right
- String a handle through the zip ties. A rope or something would be nice. But again, I only had these small zip ties on hand and I am self-isolating.
- Repeat steps 1-8 if you want a second handle.
STORE YOUR STUFF & STASH IT AWAY! I’m storing all of my shoes on here because it’s super easy to get to them and see all of them at a glance.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Criss Cross Crochet Blanket
- Beautiful Homemade Porcelain Ornaments
- Hashtag Mittens
- Crochet Caterpillar Applique
- Crochet Valentine’s Day Garland
- Diy Heart Garland For Romantic Home Decor
- Triple Braided Headband
- My Cuddle Bunny Crochet Lovey
- How To Square A Granny Circle
- Explore Gouache Paint With A Chart!
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home