Fruit and Flowers Wreath
This is a great craft that's great for spring and summer! Learn how to make a fruit and flowers wreath. It's so colorful and will brighten anyone's day.
- STYROFOAM™ Brand Foam:
- Wreath, 14" x 2-1/2" x 2"
- Twig wreath, 14"
- Autumn florals: ranunculus, two; filler, one bunch; orange/gold hydrangea, one bunch
- Autumn leaves: large maple, two; small assorted, two bunches
- Artificial greenery: green fern stems, eight; light green eucalyptus, one bunch
- Dark brown/black berries, three bunches
- Medium-sized artificial fruit, three each: red/yellow apples; tangerines; pomegranates
- Dark green reindeer moss, one large bag
- Brown floral wire
- Floral picks, 4", nine
- Floral pins
- Floral shears
- Wire cutters
- Low-temp glue gun and glue sticks
- Thick, white craft glue
- Use glue gun to completely cover foam wreath with reindeer moss. Pin foam wreath to twig wreath; use glue gun to secure pins.
- For hanger, cut 12" length from wire and twist ends together. Glue twisted ends into top center back of foam wreath; wrap wire around twig wreath for additional strength.
- Apply glue to ends of floral picks and insert one at a time into fruits, varying pick position for visual interest. If possible, hang wreath on door or wall at eye level to complete arrangement. If hanging is not possible, position wreath on work surface with hanger at top. Refer to photo as placement guide.
- Glue apple picks into bottom left of wreath, tangerines into bottom right, and pomegranates into upper right as shown, forming visual triangle.
- Use floral shears to trim flower and berry stems. Insert ranunculus and filler flower stems into top left of wreath, above apples. Insert one berry bunch below ranunculus, one above pomegranates, and last above tangerines. Insert hydrangea between tangerines and apples.
- Trim eucalyptus stems and insert into wreath between pomegranates and tangerines. Use glue gun to glue one large maple leaf behind berries at top of pomegranates; glue second leaf between apples and hydrangea.
- Trim small leaf bunch stems and insert into outside edges of wreath and into gaps between fruits, berries, and flowers. Position leaves to point in same direction and to extend beyond wreath edges.
- Trim fern stems and insert into wreath between fruits and flowers. Again, position leaves to point in same direction and to extend beyond wreath edges.
- If desired, remove stems one at a time, apply hot glue to ends, and reinsert into wreath for added security.
®™ Trademark of The Dow Chemical Company ("Dow") or an affiliated company of Dow. For more project ideas, please see styrofoamstyle.com.