Classy Baby Jacket
Hip funky baby clothes don't have to cost an arm and a leg. With this Classy Baby Jacket pattern, you can create a fun coat for a little girl or a baby boy. Fashion clothes can be affordable with a little creativity!
- Wool / Wool Blend Fabric : 3/4 " yd (58/60" wide)
- Polyester Lining : 1yd (45" wide)
- 3 Buttons
- This pattern is for 6months- 12months baby size. If you follow the instructions and modify it you can just make it for any size of your choice.
For Front and Back Piece:
- Cut Back and Front piece together using measurements from a loose fitting dress. The length should be X(Your desired length for Jacket) + 1/2"(seam allowance). Now cut the front piece along the middle. The lining piece and the actual fabric should be cut in the same way with same measurements for back and front.
- Now attach the 2 front pieces to the back piece with right side facing. Now you have 2 different pieces, one of lining and other of actual fabric. The next step is to attach the lining to the actual fabric. With right side facing, sew along the sides and neck opening. Do not sew the shoulder and arm holes together. Now turn the pieces right side out and sew in the shoulder pieces.
- Cut 4 pieces ( 2 each from lining and actual fabric) for hands.
- With right side facing sew along the bottom part of pieces (lining and actual fabric) together. Now turn it out and sew along the sides. Do this for both the arm pieces. Now attach the hands to the already sewn piece.
- The next step is to hem the bottom. You can use either a blind hem using a sewing machine or you can hem it manually.
- Now you can add the plackets for the front opening and collar.
- Sew on the buttons.