20 Minute Ruffle Dress
The 20 Minute Ruffle Dress from Jessica Gerblick is one of those simple sewing projects for kids that really does take only 20 minutes! The pre-ruffled fabric makes the dress look much more complicated than it is.
- 3/4 yard-1 yard of ruffled fabric
- Sleeveless dress or shirt pattern (or dress to measure against)
- Scrap fabric for belt (optional)
- Laying the bodice pattern pieces down on the fabric, with BOTH of them on the fold, I cut out the top and arced out to my desired length.
- Then with right sides together, I sewed up the side seams and shoulder seams, turned the dress right side out, folding down the raw edge neck line and armholes, and zig zag stiched them inside.
- I didn't have a belt to embellish with, so I used a scrap piece of brown knit fabric I had lying around and simply made a belted tube with it to slip over the dress.